Saint Xavier MSN
Saint Xavier's School of Nursing is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC. 20036, (202) 887-6791.
Saint Xavier University has been awarded regional accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
- In 2013, the National League for Nursing (NLN) designated the School of Nursing as a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education for the third time. The School is one of only 40 schools in the U.S. to receive this distinction.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks the program No. 3 Best Online Master’s in Nursing by (2016).
Become a recognized nurse leader and start making a positive impact on your patients, your peers and your supervisors. The online MSN from Saint Xavier University supports your transformation into a trusted nurse leader with a high-quality and recognized program that is affordable, accessible and immediately applicable.
Whether you want to move into an executive role or focus on patients, you will be prepared to deliver superior care in a fast-moving, technologically advanced health care landscape with advanced business, administrative and clinical skills. The program offers three tracks for different professional goals.
- Executive Leadership (Nurse Administration): Develop the managerial perspective and critical thinking skills to lead the continuous improvement of processes and patient care in a nursing unit or department. Courses in this track help prepare you for the Nurse Executive, Advanced Board Certification exam (NEA-BC) and the Nurse Executive, Board Certification exam (NE-BC) upon completion of administrative employment.
- Clinical Leadership: Learn to become a clinical leader at the point of care with a focus on care coordination, risk assessment, quality improvement, outcome evaluation, teamwork and communication, and the implementation of evidence-based practice.
- Nurse Educator: Includes teaching and learning strategies applicable to nursing and how to adapt them to different settings—such as hospitals and schools of nursing.
This track also prepares you to take the Clinical Nurse Leader certification exam. Saint Xavier University's Clinical Leadership Certificate Program is designed for registered nurses who already hold a master's degree in another nursing specialization and want to become eligible to take the Clinical Nurse Leader certification exam.
This track also prepares you for the Nurse Educator Certificate program. Saint Xavier's innovative online Nurse Educator post-master's certificate program provides MSN graduates with the opportunity to work toward becoming a Certified Nurse Educator through experiential learning as well as rigorous classroom practice.
The learning outcomes of all three tracks are applicable to a variety of clinical settings, such as hospitals, physicians’ offices and rehabilitation facilities.
Clinical Leadership track: Position yourself to meet the demand for nurses with the advanced clinical, communication and collaborative skills required in today’s health care environment. Nursing leadership jobs in this area include charge nurse, nurse manager, care manager, nursing supervisor, and clinical coordinator.
Executive Leadership track: Take on high-level administrative roles that spearhead systematic and procedural improvements in patient care for better outcomes, lower costs and improved safety. Potential roles include unit director, director of nursing, chief nursing officer and nurse executive director.