The University of North Florida is a nationally ranked university that offers a well-rounded education to students determined to make their mark and change the lives of others as well as their own. With a supportive, dedicated staff, UNF has diverse, affordable programs that prepare students to take on the challenges of tomorrow with flexible schedules that meet their needs today.
Top Reasons to enroll:
- 100% online – flexible and convenient
- No dissertation
- Flexible practicum
Earn your Doctor of Nursing Practice online
The University of North Florida offers a flexible, online Doctor of Nursing Practice program that gives you the opportunity to choose your own project and work within your current job to promote meaningful, evidence-based change.
As a graduate of the program, you will:
- Complete an evidence-based project within their area of expertise under the supervision of their faculty.
- Choose your own project and work within your current job to promote meaningful evidence-based change
- Be qualified for many jobs within the healthcare marketplace available for those with a practice doctorate in nursing
Program Admission Requirements
- Master in Nurse Practitioner GPA – Minimum 3.3
- Test & Score – GRE combined 1000 verbal and Quant, or 153 verbal/144 quant and at least 3.5 out of 6 on the essay portion. Or MAT of at least 410
- Letters of Recommendation – 2 – 1 professional and 1 academic Professional License(s) – Active License and National Certification as NP, CNM, CNS, CRNA or Nurse Administrator Statement of Purpose/Essays –A portfolio to include 5 items (format directions below*), which are to be clearly labeled (centered, bolded) and each on a new page:
- Description of past clinical experiences, including role & function
- Identification of scholarly endeavors
- Description of professional and community activities
- Description of professional goals and how the program will enhance future goals and activities
- Copy of current license and certification
Accredited by CCNE in 2010