Featured on NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams in their “What Works” segment, WGU is the recipient of the USDLA 21st Century Award for Best Practices in Distance Learning for 2014, awarded in recognition of their success in expanding access to higher education.
WGU Texas is an online, competency-based university. We emphasize mastery of essential skills and knowledge, instead of accumulating credit hours.
Progress is based on passing rigorous assessments that measure your capabilities and competencies within your field of study. This approach to learning, coupled with online flexibility, makes WGU Texas a perfect choice for focused, hard-working Texas professionals.
With multiple degree programs in education, business, healthcare, and information technology, WGU Texas's rigorous yet flexible approach gives the university a unique advantage over other online programs. Here’s what the WGU Texas advantage means to you:
- An online assessment model that gives you flexibility and control over your education
- A mentoring team committed to your success
- A trusted, quality education. Through Western Governors University, WGU Texas is regionally accredited.
- Affordable tuition, with the possibility of accelerated learning, that equals lower costs for your education
Challenging and efficient. These are the hallmarks of WGU Texas' competency-based approach. Learn more today.
As part of Western Governors University, WGU Texas offers degree programs that are:
- Regionally accredited. By the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities—the same accrediting body responsible for the accreditation of major institutions, including the University of Washington and the University of Oregon.
- CCNE accredited. The nursing programs at WGU Texas are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, 202-887-6791).
- CAHIIM accredited. WGU Texas’ Health Informatics program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- CNSS certified. WGU Texas' Information Security and Assurance program has been certified by the National Security Agency's Information Assurance Courseware Evaluation (IACE) Program.