Featured on NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams in their “What Works” segment, WGU is the recipient of the USDLA 21st Century Award for Best Practices in Distance Learning for 2014, awarded in recognition of their success in expanding access to higher education.
As the healthcare industry rapidly grows, exciting opportunities grow along with it. Be ready to take advantage of those opportunities with CCNE-accredited, industry-respected online healthcare and nursing degrees from WGU Washington. Developed by employers to meet the specific, current needs of the industry, our programs will prepare you for a successful career as a healthcare professional. With our competency-based approach, you won’t have to spend unnecessary time studying the concepts you already know. You'll demonstrate your knowledge of the material through assessments under the guidance of a dedicated mentor. The College of Health Professions offers several bachelor's degree programs, from nursing to health informatics, master's degree programs in nursing, as well as a specialized MBA.
WGU Washington is an online, competency-based university. We emphasize mastery of essential skills and knowledge, instead of accumulating credit hours. Progress is based on passing rigorous assessments that measure your capabilities and competencies within your field of study. This approach to learning, coupled with online flexibility, makes WGU Washington a perfect choice for focused, hard-working Washington professionals.
With multiple degree programs in education, business, healthcare, and information technology, WGU Washington's rigorous yet flexible approach gives the university a unique advantage over other online programs. Here’s what the WGU Washington advantage means to you:
- An online assessment model that gives you flexibility and control over your education
- A mentoring team committed to your success
- A trusted, quality education. Through Western Governors University, WGU Washington is regionally accredited.
- Affordable tuition, with the possibility of accelerated learning, that equals lower costs for your education
Challenging and efficient. These are the hallmarks of WGU Washington's competency-based approach. Learn more today.
Accreditation Statement: As part of Western Governors University, WGU Washington offers degree programs that are:
- Regionally accredited. By the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities—the same accrediting body responsible for the accreditation of major institutions including the University of Washington and Washington State University.
- NCATE accredited. WGU Washington offers NCATE-accredited teaching degree programs. NCATE is the premier specialized accrediting body for teacher preparation and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- CCNE accredited. The nursing programs at WGU Washington are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, 202-887-6791).
- CAHIIM accredited. WGU Washington’s Health Informatics program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).